Safety is and always has been one of the top concerns for automobile owners. With the immense increase in distracted driving related auto collisions over the past decade, it’s a good thing that today’s new automobiles offer more protection and accident avoidance technologies and products then ever before. For older automobiles that did not come with the safety products and technology that newer cars come with, there are numerous auto safety add-on technology features and products that you can buy and install into your older automobile to make it as safe as possible.
New vehicle safety products and technologies provide vehicle occupants with safety benefits, such as forward-collision warning systems, blind spot detection, back up cameras, and collision warning system, just to name a few. New auto safety products and technologies make automobiles and their occupants more conscious of the situation around them.
Most likely you wont be able to afford every safety product add-on for your vehicle, but that’s okay. In terms of safety, here is a list of some of the most important and crucial automobile safety products and technologies that you can buy for your vehicle to make you and your family safer while driving.
- Mobileeye – One of the highest ranked new cutting-edge technology for advanced collision avoidance systems (ADAS). This ADAS offers sufficient warning time when approaching an object in front or to the side of your automobile. This technology can not only detect larger objects like other vehicles, but it also detects pedestrians crossing your driving path.
- Scosche cellcontrol – An automobile safety product that restricts the use of unsafe cell phone use and applications while driving. Advanced Bluetooth signaling stops drivers from being able to email, text, make phone calls, and much more. This safe driving system product activates automatically when the automobile is in motion forming a safe driving environment for everyone sharing the roadways.
- Braking Bar – An adaptive new brake light and technology that new luxury cars use to keep their vehicle occupants safe. This automobile safety product makes new state of the art safety technology that was once exclusive to only new luxury automobiles, widely accessible to anyone. A wireless break light that you can easily attach to the back window of your automobile.Braking Bar checks for forceful and convincing braking of other automobiles on the roadways over 160 times per second. When you brake hard, it activates and lights up to make drivers behind you stop up to twice as fast as normal. Not only is the Braking Bar easy to install on your own, but it is also only ¾ inches thin, making it almost unnoticeable.
- Yada Digital Wireless Backup Camera – This Digital Wireless Backup Camera with Dash Monitor was designed specifically to help reduce the number of blind spots automobiles have. It offers drivers the security and comfort of seeing what is behind the vehicle when in reverse. This backup camera is easy to install over the license plate, includes night vision, and is waterproof. The 4.3” LCD Monitor shows the clear live picture from the back of your car, and comes with a suction cup mount for easy placement.
- Katasi Groove – As we have said many times on this blog, distracted driving is one of if not the most dangerous driving behavior. Each year distracted driving results in approximately 1.6 million automobile collisions, half a million injuries, and 6,000 deaths in the U.S.Katasi Groove is being acknowledged by many as the technical solution to the distracted driving epidemic. I’m not sure I would go that far but there is no doubt it is an effective technology in helping curb distracted driving.Plug the Groove module product into your automobile, syncing your phone. Groove works on all phones, and is the only practical distracted driving solution for the iPhone. When you start your drive, distractions and alerts are disabled and saved in the cloud. Once you arrive at your destination, full functionality returns to the phone and stored messages are sent.
- Zone Tech LED Display Reverse Backup Sensor System – The Zone Tech LED Display Reverse Backup Sensor System prevents potentially dangerous and costly automobile collisions that happen when driving. By detecting objects surrounding the moving vehicle, it can significantly increase safety for passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers alike.As you back up in your automobile the parking sensors will beep loudly to let you know if you are in close proximity to an object. The closer you get to hitting an object the louder it will beep. It allows for you to see how close you are to the object behind your car. The four parking sensors have water-resistant housings intended to withstand extreme weather conditions.